You know that scene in Pride and Prejudice when you get to behold Darcy’s home for the first time? When you gasp with delight at its grandeur… What will happen next? Will we see inside?
When you drive into the grounds of Hopetoun House, you get a similar feeling. And when it’s for their Christmas Fair, not only are you warmly welcomed, you become a guest for a day. The minute I walked in, the Christmas season had officially begun. The atmosphere was exquisitely warm and the quality of the products was excellent.
- Tasting some awesome luxury chocolate by Charlotte Flower, Linton&Co‘s seasalt caramel brownies and Shortbread House of Edinburgh orange&dark chocolate shortbread. There was also all sorts of liqueurs but I was driving.
- Checking out a great variety of Scottish products and daydreaming over Heather Elder‘s stunning jewellery.
- Meeting Scottish designer Cherith Harrison (super kind).
- Enjoying wonderful smells of firewood burning in the fireplace in several spots and Christmas potpourri.
- Washing my hands in their bathroom (great soap and hand cream).
- Being guided in by some very helpful valet parking attendants (with a good sense of humour).
- Exploring a quiet stroll round their grounds afterwards with a coffee in hand and seeing a pheasant&a robin run past me.
Photo Gallery – Hopetoun House
Cost: £6 entrance
Address: Hopetoun House, EH30 9RW
Website: www. hopetoun.co.uk